Seasonal Home Watch
Second homes and condos can be truly amazing!
Your Treasure Coast area home is your treasure; a place to relax and escape the harsh, cold winter and enjoy the warm, sunny weather that our beautiful Treasure Coast has to offer. If you’re like many snowbirds that call Indian River and St. Lucie County home, you’re here enjoying paradise from October or November until around Mid-April, right before it gets incredibly hot.
Your house or condo is in good hands while you’re here, but here are the big questions;
- What happens to your seasonal home/condo while you’re away?
- How do you ensure that nothing bad happens to your home? And if it does, how can you get the problem diagnosed and resolved while you’re away for the season?
We can help!
Leaving your condo for the summer? Let us take great care of it and give you peace of mind while you're away!
Your house is not just a house to us ... It's your home and we'll take great care of it while you're away!
What we do
We visit your home weekly or bi-weekly (2x / Week for our VIP Home Watch Service) to perform a 40-point visual inspection of the interior and exterior, checking for problems such as:
- Air Conditioning Failure
- Bug & Rodents
- Excessive Humidity Level
- Mold & Mildew
- Storm Damage
- Water Leaks
If we discover a problem, we inform you immediately and schedule to meet the appropriate trusted local service provider at your home to resolve the issue, while keeping you updated and in control of any decisions regarding your home along the way.
By bringing you dedicated seasonal home watch services, we make sure your home away from home remains in the best possible condition and is ready to go exactly when you need it.
Get in touch with us now to find out more about our seasonal home watch service!
40+ Point Visual Inspection
Mold & Mildew
Temperature & Humidity
Lawn & Garden
We service Indian River County and St. Lucie County and the surrounding areas including Fort Pierce, Indian River Shores, Wabasso, Wabasso Beach, Orchid Island, North & South Hutchinson Island, Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie West, Vero Beach, and Sebastian. We work with people who are planning to go away on vacation for a few weeks or even months. Each inspection comes with a detailed report that keeps you updated of anything we find during each visit to your home.
Don’t leave your home unattended. Work with a team of vacation home watch professionals that care!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s 5 few good reasons why you should hire Oceanside Home Watch to care for your condo while you’re away instead of asking a neighbor or family member:
- Most likely, they aren’t trained to spot potential problems.
- They aren’t licensed, insured, or bonded.
- They won’t be able to provide you with the proper documentation to provide to your insurance company if you need to file a claim.
- They may become ill, too busy, simply forget to check your condo, or need to go out of town.
- If there is a problem at your condo and your neighbor or family member doesn’t handle it properly, it may cause tension between you. It’s better to avoid that situation and hire a professional.
No. You can cancel anytime. We do require you to sign an agreement to get your authorization to enter your home while you’re away.
Yes, in most cases the same person will be checking your condo every week. In special cases, both Art and Peter may enter your condo together if a potential problem needs further examination before deciding if action needs to be taken.
Yes, we would be happy to provide you with proof of our bond and insurance coverage as well as client references upon request.
Call us today at (772) 226-0206 to learn about our affordable seasonal home watch pricing.
We collect the first payment just before you leave your seasonal home. We offer 3 flexible ways for you to make payments:
- Pay Quarterly
- Pay Monthly
- Pay 50% Upfront and 50% After Those Funds Have Been Used
- We highly recommend that you have hurricane shutters installed prior to the start of hurricane season. We have a reputable company that we work with when your hurricane shutters need to be installed and taken down after hurricane season. It is much more affordable to put them up and take them down once than having to do it for each storm.
- If the weather service determines that a tropical storm or hurricane is coming, we will visit your seasonal home to make sure there isn’t anything left outside that could become a projectile and cause damage to your seasonal home or a neighbor’s home.
- After a tropical storm or hurricane, we will visit your seasonal home as soon as the roads are available for us to drive on. We will check your seasonal home to assess for any damage that may have happened as a result of the storm. We will call you as soon as we have finished our assessment to provide you with a verbal report.
Yes. During each and every weekly visit we will check the outside of your seasonal home and we will also enter your home and go through our list of items to check as well.
We do not offer pet sitting as part of our home watch services, however, we can work with your pet sitter to ensure the safety and well-being of your pets while we’re performing our weekly check of your condo.
If you have hurricane shutters already installed and they only need to be closed, then yes, we can take care of that for you for an additional fee. If you have hurricane shutter panels that need to be put up, we have several companies and individuals that work with us.
If there is a problem at your seasonal home, the first thing we will do is call you to make you aware of it. If we feel the problem needs to be looked at or repaired by a trusted local service provider, we will schedule a day and time to meet them at your seasonal home. Once the problem has been identified and a solution given, we will contact you to discuss moving forward to have the problem resolved.
Contact us for discounted group rates for condo and homeowner associations.